Dear Diary--nothing ever happens.
In the small town of Pacolet, two police cars race past the Pacolet Food Mart with sirens blaring. Two women scream, "Hot Damn, something's happening in Pacolet! Let's go!!" One turns to me and says while laughing, "It's okay, I live that way."
Oh Yeshua, I thought this only happened here in Piggly Enoreggly. (I'm getting a little desperate, I know.) Usually its more interesting when its police cars, I've been told that its not worth it to chase either the ambulance or fire truck because that just turns out to be a brush fire or a domestic dispute that everyone already knows about because somebody followed it last week and it eventually made it around the entire community after they dropped off the information at the mill hill barber shop.
Now now, let's not forget, this is the salt of the earth.
Okay--if these make up the salt of the earth, WHO THE HELL is the pepper?
I, myself, am really more of a paprika.
Look up!
What do you see?
All of you and all of me.
No comments:
Post a Comment