I want to tell you about this little phenomenon called, dreams and Tylenol "Simply Sleep".
Read on if you dare!
Night one:
We start out in a small, two room farm house, much like that of Little House on the Prairie. Inside there is a fire glowing in the fireplace and a narrow cot facing the hearth. There is a tattered, handmade patchwork-quilt across the cot where a young girl lies sleeping.
Next we see the young girl sitting up on the cot, she looks like Janet Leigh in her "Psycho" days. She wears a faded dress fashioned after 1950 shirtwaist patterns. Beneath her, lying on the cot is Elvis Presley, in his younger years. The conversation is muffled between the man and woman...but as an audience, or I myself, watching this in my dream, know that the couple is having sex. I'm astounded! Elvis and Janet Leigh?!
Suddenly, a noise erupts from the back room of the house--enter a large male holding a long rifle wearing long john underwear. He aims the gun at Elvis, who is simultaneously dashing from the cot while reaching for his clothes. He storms out of the house, naked and runs into a large field. I can hear the gunfire behind us, as if I'm running alongside Elvis in the nude.
Under the starlight, I can make out a house nearby...Elvis runs to the house as I watch the entire scene from a third eye. He makes it safely to a bedroom and creeps quietly inside. A light flashes on instantly, and two small boys sit up in thier bunkbeds. I see that they are wearing pajama sets but I can't make out the patterns. The eldest boy reaches from beneath his blanket and draws a sawed-off shotgun and warns Elvis to leave immediately.
We run from the house, this time to find ourselves walking down a dark hallway in a large house. A young boy steps out of the shadows and leads us to a door at the end of the corridor. He turns the doorknob and allows us to step inside. I follow Elvis to the interior of a young girl's bedroom. The canopy bed is draped in a dark, purple cloth. We see a small, blonde girl lying on dozens of purple pillows so that she's sitting up right in the bed. She's wearing an old-fashioned nightgown with long sleeves. Elvis slowly sits down on the right bottom edge of the bed, and I walk around and sit in a chair on the left side. I see a small clear tube going across the edge of the sheet and I follow it to a large clear bag, hanging off the side of the bed. The girl looks at me and says, "I know, its a catheter." I look away, as if embarrassed that she's caught me looking at it. I reply, "I know it is Lucy." The girl lifts the blanket and says, "My name is Lindsay." I feel foolish because I didn't get her name right, but how was I suppose to know right?
She asks Elvis to help her get up out of the bed and she motions for me to "unlplug" her from the catheter. She then crawls toward the head of the bed and draws back a purple curtain and we see some sort of little toilet chamber that's just as high as the bed, with its own little canopy--to match the bed.
Night two:
That's the last I saw of Elvis...and the girl for that matter and suddenly we move to a large gymnasium where I already can sense there's some sort of graduation ceremony about to begin; however, there were no people in the room. It was almost like a church social in the recreation building...everyone was in the kitchen or side room and there was a long table set up right in front of the door. I was wearing a long blue gown, I assume the Lander blue. I walked into the side room and joined several others wearing the blue gowns. They were sitting at a large round table and most of the chairs were taken, so I stood behind some of the other people. Mr. Deere, as some of you may remember from Woodruff Primary, was handing out caps to all of the people wearing the blue gowns. Mr. Deere himself was wearing the gown and one of the caps. It seemed bulky on top of his head. Several people went ahead of me, and finally it was my turn. I approached Mr. Deere, and he handed me my cap. Sure enough, it was full of rocks.
I put it on, and I had to hold it with one hand because it was so heavy. I walked out of the room back into the auditorium / gymnasium and I saw my parents seated at the long table. I whisper to them, "This thing is heavy (pointing to my cap)" and I walk toward another side door that has several sets of steps leading up to it. I climb the steps and I look out into the gymnasium and I see a former classmate from high school taking her cap off, so I think to myself, okay, it must be safe to take off our caps. Now, at the top of the steps, I'm in a different room--this time I see the same high school class mate but she has on a tight t-shirt and denim shorts and she's rollerskating...I look around and notice that I'm in some sort of western steakhouse and all the waitresses are on rollerskates.
My advice--stay away from Simply Sleep + Dollar General Brand Nyquil Gelcaps.
THAT'S WHAT KEEPS ME GOING!
And I thought MY dreams were weird! I dont feel so alone :D
ReplyDeleteTheres some meaning in the rocks. What is it?
Phallus is symbolically substituted with all things that are similar to it by their form, namely long things that jut out: mountains, rocks, sticks, umbrellas, poles, trees...
ReplyDeleteFemale genitalia are symbolically represented with hollow objects that can contain things: shafts, pits and caves, vessels and bottles, boxes, suitcases, tins, pockets, closets, stoves, ships... The same holds for house with entrances, passages and doors, churches, chapels, castles, mansions, fortresses and even landscape itself. The material such as wood and paper as well as objects made of them: a table, a book... symbolize the same.
--Freud "Freud's Approach to Dreams"
Oh Lord...