Stop #1 7:58 a.m.--Hickory Point:
"I heard that the Hot Spot over on Boiling Springs road had a major disaster this morning...well, not really a disaster for people driving around. Somebody made a major f*** up by not fixing their pumps right. They were selling premium for .22 cents a gallon for like half an hour. There were cars lined up for miles...somebody's going to get their a** kicked."
Stop #2 8:35 a.m.--One Stop Sunoco:
"You better be careful out there Missy--you know that man that is driving the little black datsun is somewhere in the area. They were patrolling my parking lot this morning, so watch out! I heard he cuts people's ears off---just be on the lookout."
Stop #3 9:10 a.m.--Enmark #560
"Yeah, the Exxon had a break-in this morning around 7 and they had a manhunt out here in the woods behind the store. They had the dogs out and everything--they had to put on their rain gear and get out there on foot. You should've seen it!"
Stop #4 9:42 a.m.--Shamrock Lanes
"Did you hear about that Ace hardware getting broke in to this morning? They were like the fourth in a row...I'm telling you its these d*** gas prices. They've got people acting like mad-dogs. I don't know when it's going to end...people told me them folks that broke in to the Ace just wanted that BellSouth money. Sure as the world...I tell you, this world is going straight to Hell on a tricycle."
We trickle back home around noon, I like to use that word because I did just that, I trickled home on the last remaining fumes from yesterday's fill up while keeping a third eye out for sketchy black pickup trucks...and BellSouth envelopes...and wild mad-dog fugitives on the shoulder of the road.
We're on our way, somewhere...I don't know...it may take a few years, it may take forever.
We'll get there, just hold on.
WYOMING OR BUST
No comments:
Post a Comment