(Apologies for keeping you all in suspense! The blog block is due to the many holiday weekend festivities, thanks for your patience. Enjoy!)
We moved in the house in January. A month went by and the house seemed very peaceful and quiet--I thought to myself, "This could be a really great place to stay for a while". We really liked the house and enjoyed living in an older farmhouse because of its character and personality. Everything seemed perfect until the night I met Wilton.
I came home one night to find the house dark and empty. The Master was working late and I was in charge of feeding since I would make it back before he would get there. I fed up the chickens and horses and by this time it was dusk dark. The dogs were the last to be fed and I had just finished filling up their water when I went inside to turn on the yard lights. Our backporch was enclosed and was used as a laundry room. The wooden ceiling was painted light, seafoam green (like all the rest of the old houses in the area) with a cement grey wooden floor. There was an old door that led into the kitchen from the porch / laundry room and it had a lock on it. I opened the door and flipped on the light to the kitchen and the floodlights in the yard. I walked down the back steps and started to fill up the dogs' bowls, I bent over and in one second I was in black darkness.
My first thought was the bulb went out, but on two different lights? Then I rationalized that they blew a fuse, etc. At any rate, I wasn't checking it out alone so I let Mack, our pitbull mix, go in the house first.
Mack sniffed around and wagged his tail, telling me to come on in--everything's fine. I never would've given it a second thought until I saw the lightswitch turned to OFF and the laundry room door CLOSED. Many still think I was just imagining, that I forgot that I closed the door and the lights just blew a fuse. We checked the fuse box, we checked everything. The lights were turned off by someone...someone closed the door.
The Master arrived home shortly after all the excitement and scoured the house for any intruders. No sign of anyone except me and Mack.
We brushed off the incident and didn't say much about it until the day someone spilled the beans about Wilton.
What we didn't know was that the entire community kept Wilton a secret for years until the day he decided to play meet and greet with the new tenants.
death cannot stop true love...what it can do is delay it for a while.
No comments:
Post a Comment