State park rules state, "No alcohol"...I'm sure they also prefer guests not to engage in activities that will keep Rikki-tikki-tavi up at night. I found out just how corporate America operates, until now I had only seen glimpses from old Dallas and Dynasty re-runs...I thought to myself, oh these things don't happen in real life--and certainly not in little ole South Carolina, why no!
Tisk, tisk...my eyes rolled back in my head as I watched the top management drink so much, they could've pissed Lake Marion afterwards. I'm also now aware that not only are they co-workers, but they are also "lovers" on the side. Consider it a fellowship of love, laughter, and peace...Woodstock without the dreadlocks and mud. Partner swapping took place each night, it was hard to keep up after all the cabin hopping.
So I'm now hardened to life in the chains...the corporate chains, not to mention government at the same time. (This makes it considerably worse, but of course you already knew that.)
Okay, so enough of the slander and smut from this past week. I can now look forward to Labor day weekend and a few more days away from the pangs of the state government.
Meanwhile, back at the ranch...Enoree was lit up with the shouts and screams coming from the local First Baptist Church (which this isn't an unusual thing especially on Wednesday nights).
The first meeting was held for the community to discuss its opinions and concerns about the possibility of the landfill site on the Enoree river.
You can only imagine what went on--several state representatives were on hand during the discussion to hear citizens voice their concerns. Many started with, "That there damn landfill just ain't right. My damn house is near damn downhill of this thang, now just what does the damn county plan on doing about this thang?"
Photo courtesy of Spartanburg Herald-Journal
Oh the joys of the backcountry...not only is everyone in a tizzy about the landfill, why we just had ourselves a teacher arrested for being a crackhead. Yes sir, one teacher of 19 years just had herself a little ole accident and bless her heart she was busted Wednesday morning. Couldn't have happened to a better district.
Eat your heart out Liston!
take it easy baby...
make it last all nite
she was
an
american
GIRL
No comments:
Post a Comment