September 9, 2005

I'm blogging this...

Last night I woke up from the most vivid dream I've had all month. I opened my eyes and millions of bright lights flashed in front of me. I put my hand up to shade my eyes, and saw dozens of photographers surrounding me. Flash bulbs sparkled against the black night sky. I looked down at myself, I noticed I was wearing a stunning, black Versace gown...I glanced at my feet (just to make sure) and beheld the most fascinating pair of Manolo Blahnik stilettos. By this time, my mind was racing, I kept asking myself, "Where am I? Am I famous? Is this a joke, and I'm really outside a stupid high school reunion about to puke on myself?" I pinched myself to see if everything was real...I touched my hair, it was curled, not like when you want it to curl and then you leave the house and it just falls flat...I mean like Carol Landis curls...the real kind. Long and curled. This must mean that this is some fabulous occasion. I looked behind me and saw that I had just stepped out of a limousine, so I thought, why not go along? What could it hurt?
I was baffled because I wanted to know where I was, and why the paparazzi was interested in moi--that's when a strong hand grasped my arm and I looked up. I saw the bluest eyes in dreamland...it was the one...the only, James Hetfield. Oh, how could this night ( I mean dream) end?! I smiled at him, thinking the entire time, "okay, he's smiling back at me, I guess where together, so by God that's fine with me!"
James and I walked down what seemed to be a mile long red carpet and just as we approached the door to the building the cameras and the lights started to fade...I couldn't feel James' hand anymore on my arm...but I did feel something...as I wafted back into reality, I woke up to find the remote stuck to the back of my arm, leaving little impressions of the volume button all over my skin. I tossed it to the foot of the bed and laid back down to try and revive any of the Metallica spirits that may have been left over while I was traveling back to the backcountry.
But no luck, James was gone and so was the one and only time I would ever be his date. Hmmm...well, for one thing it did make me hum the theme from "A Summer Place" all day. Geez.

fade to black

No comments:

Post a Comment