Abnormal work schedules result in abnormal sleep behavior. Proof lies in my constant ability to engage in lucid dreams. This is the third for the week, and it's getting scarier each time.
Yesterday morning I woke up (I'm going to use that term loosely) three times before I actually "woke up". The first few times, I even went so far as getting dressed, checking email and drinking coffee. The last time, I had a phone conversation with a best friend who's wrecking her life with the not-so-dependable ex-fiancee who leads women on with his big penis.
Okay, so I guess that was a little much, but when it comes to this crazy lucid dreaming, I'm a little on edge.
I've had dates with the lead singer of Metallica, nights at the theatre with Stephen King and so many phone calls in between I can't tell what's real and what's not. I'm starting to confuse my real life with the dreams. Did I call the bank? Oh yeah, yesterday...or was that in the dream? I'm having to check things twice...I'm living two separate lives but doing the same things in each one. It's all too confusing. So how does one stop "lucid dreaming"? I've heard that some people work their entire lives to reach this point...I don't want to throw it away. I assume I just need to learn how to get control over this new found power.
Stay tuned, the dreams and "life" are about to get very interesting.
I am NOT enjoying my lucid dreams. They're all scary! what does that say about my unconcious??? haha.
ReplyDeletelove you!