The last day of August passes on and we welcome September in just a few short hours. This past month has been excellent for viewing shooting stars--almost every night we usually see at least four or five. Tonight while walking Dolly I caught the tail-end (no pun intended) of the Perseids...this shooting star was one of the most brilliant I've seen in a long time---it wasn't the fleeting type, the blink of an eye type--it was bright and dusty, and just fell out of the sky, slowly. It was beautiful to watch. Glad I didn't miss it---the next shower will be Orionids during mid October...but hopefully we'll see a few in between now and then.The Midwest really offers a great arena for star gazing and celestial sightseeing...flat land with wide open spaces, and the campground is of course in the middle of a cornfield, so none of the hustle and bustle of the city lights and noise. We usually line up our lounge chairs on the grass runway and just lie and watch the stars...however, looks like this labor day will be spent working. Such is life....life on the road....life as a gypsy.
No comments:
Post a Comment