December 17, 2006

Cocktails and Conversation

The annual cocktails and conversation was another success, this time hosted by Big Daddy and Dale at the farm. The gala was much classier this year, and everyone seemed to catch on, as there were more cocktail dresses and blazers coming out of the closets---everyone looked snazzy!

The bossman looked dashing as well, and seemed to enjoy his first taste of the old, stout, classic "Boilermaker" (look it up if you're wondering what it entails) and after knocking back several, he reverted to his more casual Ketel and cranberry. He seemed to hold up fairly well throughout the evening!We usually don't attempt a group photo until everyone has had at least two cocktails, and after three boilermakers, I thought it was a perfect time to snap one of the bossman and myself. I spent the entire night behind the bar (of course) and didn't sit down until the last guest left. Someone put up a tip jar after noticing how hard I had been working...and I walked away with, count 'em...$3.00.

Good food, good friends, and good spirits---make room for next year, we'll be at it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment