January 31, 2007

Sanitarium

Sorry for the pause, I waited until Wednesday and the waning moon (wait, is it waning?) and my "power" day according to my latest read The Solitary Witch, to make my next post. It's going to be more of a vent--which I need to do more often, instead of trying to keep it in, some of this is too funny not to share. And no, you may not see pictures.

Tonight, I enjoyed the solitude and relaxing sounds of Metallica (now listen, if you're tired of hearing about it just click on Rob or Rachel's page and don't hassle me) I dressed in a few outfits that I'm now able to fit after several weeks of fasting, well just cutting back basically and I'm quite proud of myself. Then I mixed a good martini, burnt some sage for some good friends who needed it and faded away with James...I'm sure the bossman appreciates this while he sweats it away in Chicago.

The puppies are sleeping now and are cuddled up on the couch...and I survey the damage. The damage...the destruction...and the ultimate horror that we have dealt and endured since our arrival here in the lovely land of Lincoln. The good Lord dealt us a bad hand this month, and thank Him that it's over tomorrow. Our "camper" --- as I loosely refer to it now -- still leaks around the vent in the bedroom, so as the snow decides to melt on those "warm" days (you know, 25 degrees) it drips down onto my Pottery Barn duvet...and you can imagine my dismay. Next, we find that our pipes continually freeze as the Midwestern winds blow constantly across the campground...and there is no other option but to "underpin" the, ahem, camper. So at 10 pm, we do it---and the bossman must be up at 4 am to be in Chicago at 7 am. So with the help of some future angels in a higher place (a.ka. neighbors in the next campsite) we underpin the piece of shit with foam core insulation...pink, foam core. That's all Home Depot had---why am I explaining this? Oh yes, because BARB the manager in charge of the campground insists that your underpinning MATCH your camper by GOD! The bossman had enough, and put it off for another day and another argument and since then nothing else has been said. But I won't jinx it.
Still, when the wind blows and the temperature drops below 4, the pipes like to freeze, so we break out the hairdryer and stick it in the little cubby hole behind the toilet where all the pipes are and turn it on high---and that seems to do the trick. But hurry and take a shower before it freezes again.
I have made this a quest...a mission...to BEAT this place, this camper and this entire state...to show the motherf****** that we can do it....we can make it through (with stuffy noses, bronchitis and all).
All is not well friends, our latest woe is our furnace which has produced a mysterious burning smell whenever it kicks on...but in the last few days, you'll be happy to note that the smell has disappeared as strangely as it appeared (which caused me to think that whatever was "burning" evidently "burnt" off--supposedly some unneeded plastic?) Who knows--but alas, there were no flames and we are still alive! YEAH!
BRING IT ON!
It is on...officially.
Us Vs. Illinois. Forget DA bears.

No comments:

Post a Comment