January 1, 2007
The Shite Thickens
Another New Year-- I'll be one year closer to 30. I always try to recap my previous adventures from last year whenever I type this annual post...the rubber met the road early on where we headed to Florida for trips to Orlando and Jacksonville to see old friends and introduce the bossman to Mickey and fill a small void from his childhood, trips to Georgia to see the wonderful and ever hospitable Rachel, the bossman took an early leave from the backcountry for Virginia and spent most of the spring working on the road while we decided to finally put our house on the market, I retired from my own post at the lottery and joined him after his stint in Iowa, and off to Virginia again where the bossman met Washington, D.C. for the first time...and then to Chicago...moving to the cornfields of northwestern Illinois, then south to North Carolina and home again before leaving for Kansas with a short visit to Mississippi and the deep South---and finally home for the holidays where I sit now, packing my small home---ready to begin again...the first trip of the New Year will be Tybee Island, Georgia. After that, it's wherever the road may take us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment