I arrived on the prairie in time to make a short trip to the ATL for my best friend's bachelorette soiree. It's a good thing I made the extra effort to conceal my jet lag and tag along for the weekend, because I would've missed one of the best 80's cover bands I've heard yet. Fly-By-Radio hit the stage around 11pm at the Peachtree Tavern Saturday night. Armed with a kick-ass lead singer who rocked the stage with a punk chick's presence, the band covered it all--from Metallica to Rage and then back home with the Cars. I'm sure it's easy to tell how pleased I am. When the music's right, the night is right...and the overall age group of the bar fit a soon to be 30 year old like a glove.I admit, I have a little crush on the guy with the guitar, but I always will...however, my heart forever belongs to James Hetfield (I'm sure he won't mind the photo op just this once).
Beth's entourage made a big hit while sharing the stage with the band, I'm almost certain they posted the most unflattering pictures they could find--but odds are, the eyes are going to be closed with booze in hand.

I've contemplated showing this photo, but I've decided that it's just too cool not to post...so here's to Fly-By-Radio and a great show--making a wonderful weekend even better.
And cheers to Beth for being such a great sport!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment