September 21, 2008

Radiation and Fornication


Meet Dee. An aspiring model who makes ends meet at her day job as a nuclear security official at the Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Station here in Phoenix. I can imagine that all the tactical training for a nuclear security guard must be very stressful and trying for a young woman. As a private citizen, who like my audience, has only a limited understanding of what goes on beyond the clearance gate at our country's nuclear stations, is interested and concerned about the safety of its employees and our nation. I am of course somewhat biased as the old man makes his living working directly with fuel assemblies inside containment. Naturally, I would hope that the United States Nuclear Regulatory Commission would uphold the highest standards when selecting officials to guard our nation's most prolific energy suppliers. However, there are always a few who are bound to slip through the cracks...which brings me back to Miss Dee.
Several weeks ago, Dee and a fellow coworker/ security guard were caught copulating in a vacant conference room at the nuclear plant during regular work hours. The man was terminated immediately. Dee placed blame on her supervisor, claiming she was forced to engage in sexual activity with a coworker in order to keep her job. Since the incident, Dee is still employed and the situation is under investigation by Arizona Power (APS) and the Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Station. I guess this is where my opinion seems to creep in. I just find it odd that both employees were not terminated. It's disgusting and unprofessional, especially between two people who are hired to protect and secure our nations' nuclear plants. I completely understand that many people enjoy hanky panky, so to speak, and find pleasure and excitement outside the limits of the bedroom.
But can we keep it out of the NUCLEAR PLANT? Please!


No comments:

Post a Comment