Thanks to a fellow blogger's great suggestion for a detailed web counter, I am now able to track my visitors from all over the world! My visitor count is highest in Germany, followed by Canada where most folks are looking for James (who isn't?).
I was hoping to find a statistics report that would generate visitor paths and activity and I finally found one that allows a breakdown of each user / visitor.
Now when a reader stumbles onto the backcountry, I can see if my hits are coming from certain google keyword searches (such as, "marriage of metal", "peekabull puppies", "james hetfield", "a hurricane's acomin'"). But that's not all, I can also track where my visitors are from, and their host server. Most are in South Carolina, of course, with several scattered in Wyoming (thanks Grant). I have a few returning followers who keep up with my blog on a regular basis. Comments are always welcome!
The counter gives detailed reports on visitor paths, returning visits, local servers / hosts, country, state, city, ISP, recent visitor map, recent came from and exit links, etc. A very handy tool for finding the best way to reach certain audiences and to view how people find your blog.
it's addicting isn't it??
ReplyDelete