October 26.
I mentioned before that the shootout at the O.K. Corral happened on this day in 1881. It also happens to be the exact day Marty McFly & Doc Brown made time travel possible. On a sad note in 1861, the Pony Express ceased operations. Most people will remember "Baby Fae" receiving a heart transplant from a baboon on this day in 1984. The celebrity birthday list includes Cary Elwes, our favorite fairytale hero, and one of my favorite writers, Pat Conroy.
We also share the date with our good friends Beth & Nel, who were engaged on our wedding anniversary!
Looking back, the entire day whizzed by in a complete blur. I do remember chatting in the bride's room with my maids and the few visitors who stopped by just before show time. I remember walking down the aisle, and making some goofy face just as Mr. Shealy snapped a photo of me & Mitch. I remember the Lord's Prayer. I remember Heith's wimpy and nervous "kiss". I remember making another goofy face as we left the church, at the same moment Mr. Shealy snapped another priceless photo. I remember Heith not talking to me very much on the way to the barn, he spent the entire time talking to our driver about "Bubba", the Belgium pulling our carriage.
It was over. Record time, in precisely ten minutes we were married. Sometimes we wonder why we didn't elope.

No comments:
Post a Comment