October 31, 2008

Sweatin to the oldies...and everything else.


I know I'm not supposed to keep blogging about the weather. I know this. But I have to.
Yesterday we reached another boiling point around 3 p.m., and within five minutes of feeding the Donk and watering my plants, any exposed skin was fried like a crispy, golden fish filet sandwich.

We did carve our jack-o-lantern last night. We had to wait until the very last minute, because let's face it, carved pumpkins don't sit well in sweltering heat. So if we're lucky, Jack will save face at least twelve more hours. Today we're expected to hit 93, which isn't a surprise. Our box of winter clothing still sits quietly underneath the rig, patiently waiting for us to retrieve him. Our summer began in early May and it looks like it may last through most of November.

Along with the closing of our favorite month, comes the end of my annual horror flick marathon. We're finishing up with werewolf films tonight...yes, Teen Wolf included.

No comments:

Post a Comment