I could not have asked for a better birthday this year. Everything, including the weather helped to erase the rotten memories of last year. I enjoyed a magical day with the old man and the Donk, hiking on the island and enjoying fresh seafood on the docks.
Ilsa is up and running, one of my biggest gifts from the old man. So now that I have the proper transportation for outdoor adventures, we enjoyed an afternoon crabbing at low tide on the island...with Ilsa, Donk and some extremely rancid chicken necks. No luck today, but hopefully we'll have crabs by tomorrow afternoon...it's odd, coming from somewhere like Enoree, you'd think it wouldn't be that hard for us to catch crabs. Some of my friends had plenty before we got to junior high. Unfortunately we're still waiting.
The more rotten the chicken necks the better! Let 'em sit in the sun a day :O) You are making me SOOO hungry! Nothing like coastal living... enjoy!
ReplyDelete