March 26, 2009

Rubbed Out

I don't know why I get so emotional every time I watch The Godfather...I have such high hopes, that this time, maybe this time Sonny won't die. Why did Sonny have to die? I loved Sonny, he was a good brother. Loyal, passionate, extremely protective and he was shot down on the highway like a dog.
I cry every single time.
I also cry as Connie dances with the Don at her wedding. I cry when Appolonia died in the car explosion. I cry when Kay takes Michael back.
However, some of my favorite scenes include the Connie and Carlo wife beatings. By far, the best scene begins with the christening service. If there's one thing to learn from this film, it's to hold your temper and never let anyone know your true thoughts. Patience, persistence, and placidity...putting your best poker face forward.

It's all evidence that Coppola is in fact a God.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:05 PM

    Ah yes, Coppola, he is good. Crying is good for the soul! LoveYa, MaPo

    ReplyDelete