April 1, 2009

Fools Rush In

This blog has the extreme possibility of becoming cliche. The only person we've ever been able to fool on April 1 is Big Daddy. Back when we operated the station, Mom and I decided to call him one morning to let him know we had just won the Publisher's Clearing House million dollar sweepstakes. I wasn't very old, maybe six or seven, but she told me to be very quiet while she was on the phone. She started to cry and spoke in the serious tone that she reserved for those times I wandered off in Roses or started fights with Grant. The best part of the prank was that Big Daddy fell for it, hook, line and sinker. Okay, there it is, I've sold out. Complete cliche.
I could pretend the old man and I are divorcing, but that would make so many people happy, it would have a reverse effect. I could pretend that we finally went through with our adoption, and we're now the proud parents of little Jesus. (That's Hay-Seuss). I could pretend that we just found out that I'm barren, but then again that would please too many people. I could pretend that I have herpes, no wait, Grant takes those honors.
So instead of trying to think of some mediocre fools day prank, I'll just pretend that I'm an award winning blogger with a substantial amount of followers. That's fool enough for me.

EDITORS NOTE: My folks are aware of Jesus, and/or Mai Ling, I think they are more excited than we are about this Brangelina brigade. I also may have ransacked a few comments by mistake. I'm too fast for the mouse--call me a compulsive clicker. Apologies to all!

3 comments:

  1. Love your new post! I was laughing all the way through it! Happy Fools Day to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Como say what about a little Jeshua?

    ReplyDelete
  3. alright everyone, let's say it together now, "haaaayseusss"

    ReplyDelete