I've finally finished my magical creatures ornament collection. I started on this idea after visiting etsy. My search for something inexpensive led me to this fantastic homemade creation that I decided to use for my annual Christmas gift/ornament. Last year I painted sand dollars that we found on Hunting Island for the kids. This holiday season I fell in love with this whimsical light bulb contraption, tinkering with the design to fit my liking.I've continued this tradition since the kids were almost a year old, so hopefully they'll all have a pretty hefty collection to take with them when they make their own families. (The kids by the way are my younger cousins.)
My design idea came from, oddly enough, Harry Potter. I decided to paint each child a different magical creature. A seahorse, owl, toad, dragonfly and gecko (still working on the last).
All comments and feedback are welcome. I don't usually show any artwork on my blog, but in this case I'll risk it.




The owl, of course, is my personal favorite.
Cute idea... owl is my fav too!! You go with your early Christmas gifting self ;) I usually don't get started until about Dec. 1. UH.
ReplyDeleteWow!! Those are amazing! Too Cute! We still have our sand dollars proudly displayed.
ReplyDeleteChar...I knew if I didn't sit down and finish they'd stay plain light bulbs until Dec. 24! :o)
ReplyDeleteLP-glad you still have your sand dollars (hope they no longer have the lingering scent of chlorox!)
These are just adorable. I can't wait to see them on the tree! mapo
ReplyDeleteThese are really cute! I kind of want one!
ReplyDeleteI am thinking of some collegiate light bulbs, maybe some pirate light bulbs as well.
ReplyDeletePerfect for children!! So whimsical and cute. I like them.
ReplyDeleteO.F.C.J.