October 30, 2009

Special K,motor oil, toilet paper, and coffins?

So we've all seen this website. And that's cool. I guess everyone needs their fifteen minutes of fame. It's just that...well, that's not really what's bothering me. My beef with Wal-mart (and I say this objectively, kind of) is their newest sales venture. It hurts my heart a little, and that's mainly because this is the only line of work that I've ever been interested in besides communications.
The business of dying.

Looks like funeral homes everywhere will to have to cut corners and offer their own "rollbacks" because their newest competition is none other than supermarket mogul Wallyworld.
That's right, I'm not lying and neither is the BBC.
Check out the Wal-mart casket selection here. No, it's no joke. Even the infamous people of Wal-mart can afford a nice "Mom Remembered" steel coffin while the more savvy shoppers may choose the pricier bronze version. Maybe it's just me, I have this sleazy feeling I can't shake when I picture the grocery list below:

--paper towels
--AA batteries
--bananas
--fried chicken
--Tampax
--milk
--swiffer wet jet
--vacuum bags
--casket

Hey! Don't hate--they're made in the USA.

2 comments:

  1. Does Heith share the same hate for Walmart as my fellow union worker father? We were not allowed to shop there when I lived at home. His hatred rubbed off of me though, I try to shop there as little as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes, and yes! We are anti-Walmart as well...we do our best to buy Union made whenever we can.

    ReplyDelete