December 31, 2009

Split End of the Year

I've been staring at this white screen through a tangled mass of hair for the last fifteen minutes. This seems to be a recurring habit of mine, picking my split ends by the computer screen light. I think I do this while I'm pondering titles and I usually can't come up with one until I've finished an entire post.

I hate writing the same old shit. The same old shit everyone else writes "Oh, where has the year gone? Time flies by so fast...blah blah blah". We know this. I'm reminded every day as I pass my wedding portrait in the hall (okay, so it's not a hall it's a ledge). So time flies by too frickin fast. Okay.

Enough about my weirdness. Where did 2009 take me, my old man and my dog?

Our New Year celebration began with our old friends in Georgia, who we regret we won't see for this coming year's soiree. We were so happy to be able to finally spend a New Year's with people. Real people and noisemakers and hats and hors d'oeuvres. It was my first real New Year's party and I'll never forget it!
We spent January through August parked on Saint Helena Island in South Carolina. This of course accumulated many rodents, creatures, and cobwebs that I was very happy to be rid of by the time we hooked up again. Shaking off the sand, our coach headed north to Virginia where we stopped off for a couple of months before our journey to New England and my favorite stop of the year, Connecticut. I fell in love with this state and the entire area, and I didn't think I could love anywhere as much as I do Saint Helena. I find myself homesick for hardwood forests, owls, and acorns quite often.
We left Connecticut in early November and drove to Kentucky for one week, there we packed once more for our final destination of the year...Illinois. Yes, I dreaded even typing the name. However, this "end" of the state seems to be somewhat milder (in climate and attitude) than Chicago. We're on the outskirts of St. Louis in a big cornfield beside a dairy. The wind blows, it rains. The wind blows, it rains. And I dream of a house, a big warm brick house with shutters and a fire place. A big leather sofa and a blanket...warm socks and--sorry, where was I?

I'm daydreaming again, but that's bound to happen when you live in a "Day Dreamer" which is still for sale by the way.

This year opened some new doors for me. I'm so thankful for my extremely teeny tiny success on etsy and all the Christmas trees across America that proudly displayed my handiwork. I hope that 2010 brings more business and some new ventures, as I'm sure it will.

If our Lord feels we are deserving in this new year, I hope to be typing to you next December from a cozy den beside a crackling fire inside four brick walls...with no wheels underneath.

Happy New Year to you all!

5 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!

    You're so cranky!

    xox

    p.s. me, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 192 FB fans?!? What the H ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Chris! :o) I know...who would've thunk it? If I could just make 200!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you looked, you topped 200 this month. Is that a good thing? Hope so, MaPo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeehaw! We're up to 222, let's keep em coming! Spread the word friends!

    ReplyDelete