January 2, 2010

New Stuff

I live behind. Way behind everyone else. Being behind means that you find out about really cool stuff long after it's been over being cool for everyone else. We only get two channels on our TV and one of those is University of Illinois PBS. Thank goodness for Austin City Limits, because I'm now the newest fan of Arcade Fire.


This group defines cool. And by the way, apparently "cool" isn't the coolest way to define cool. Sweet is the new cool. I stand by my old timer ways and refer to my favorite things as boss and bitchin'. Call me what you will. Arcade Fire is a bitchin' Canadian Indie rock group of multi-talented musicians led by the uber-brilliant husband / wife duo of Win Butler & Régine Chassagne. Real talent and real women...no bones here ladies.

PBS kept me company for New Year's as well. I spent the evening with the New York Philharmonic live at the Lincoln Center while my old man finished reading Lonely Pigeon or Dove or whatever.
So I guess it's official, I am no longer anywhere close to being "cool" myself. Bring me that rocking chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment