It's already April and I haven't blogged very much since my birthday. Since we left the frigid heath of Illinois, our toes have thawed almost completely as well as the water lines on the camper.
We're still trying our best to sell the RV, which is a challenge in itself. I think our last resort will be eBay, where we will most likely lose our ass. Sometimes you've gotta do what you've gotta do.
Since our departure south, I finally talked my old man into a Florida trip. We visited the gulf one sunny Saturday afternoon on my birthday weekend. We visited Grayton Beach state park and then drove through Panama City. Of course we hit spring break in full force, so after a relaxing hike we headed north again for Alabama. We've enjoyed lots of local activities here including a friday night horse auction which rivaled even the best of vintage Saturday Night Live skits. We stopped by the Pike County Cattlemens Association's first annual ranch rodeo where we found wholesome entertainment in the bizarre form of "wild cow milking". Heith decided to trick the truck a few more turns by adding front and rear Ranch Hand bumpers (much to my own dismay). We visited Patsy the weekend of my birthday as well, and had a nice dinner in Greenville with the parental unit. Most of our free time we spend way down yonder on the Chattahoochee. Dolly loves to swim at the dam and scout for squirrels. Our campground is within biking distance of the local post office which makes for excellent stretch mark erasing.
My boxwood bonsai tree is enjoying the warm temperatures. We should hit 90 degrees today, with a gentle gulf breeze. All the pleasant weather has helped me finish two books in the last three weeks. I'm delving through the Lord of the Rings trilogy right now. All is not lost on the recycle front as I sold 30 ornaments last month and had one order this first week of April. I'm hoping to join the Spartanburg Junior League Santa Shoppe this year with a trove of light bulb treasures.
No comments:
Post a Comment