my first time...blogging. As Rachel said before, to hell with geocities!
Tomorrow morning we leave for the city of carnal knowledge. I don't think Las Vegas will compare to the landscape of Jackson Hole, but the way I look at it--as long as its "Westward" it still counts.
Last night I dreamed that I was walking down a row of pine trees, that had been planted all over this hillside, the trees were about 8 – 9ft tall, and there were little fences going down some of the rows, it was almost like a maze. It felt really familiar like I was walking in a pasture (just with pine trees in it) on Patterson Plant Rd. (where we used to live in the brown house) anyway, I was carrying a baguette like Carrie has on Sex & The City. As I was going through this little maze of trees, I came up on a deer that had bedded down under one of the trees, I startled it and it got up and ran off, but it didn’t go far, then it started walking back towards me but I thought, well it’s on the other side of that little fence it can’t try to come get me (okay, I must have been dreaming to think that a deer can’t scale a fence) so its like I’m at Hollywild, except its really wild.
Then, I start back down the trail only to notice that this deer is following me and in some ways won’t let me get by---then I see a small cat go by and I think oh, okay I’m alright there’s a cat. (What?) Then me & the cat get down the trail and we see more deer---the deer start taking on a weird form, close to that of a very overweight rotweiler dog….I start to hit them over the head with my baguette and they just stand there and look at me, I notice that I’m getting a little nervous and that bothers me b/c I keep telling myself to stay cool and don’t run….then I wake up.
"Friends around the campfire, and everybody's high." -- John Denver
No comments:
Post a Comment