A little airport comic relief is always welcome (only in good taste, of course). While I was waiting for my flight to NV, a thought crossed my mind while I was listening to the announcer calling different flights /gates over the PA system...why not have a little fun every once in while, spice up the friendly frequent flyer message. Well it just so happens that someone was thinking the same thing that day--my pilot.
Good afternoon ladies and gentleman, this is your captain for flight 395 non-stop to Las Vegas--you know I was thinking, why not take you guys on a tour of the Grand Canyon before we head over to the airport, maybe swoop down to 20,000 feet and see a few sights, we should be arriving in LV in approximately 4 hours and 14 minutes today, if you'll excuse me my math's not too good so I really don't know what time that would be in Las Vegas. Anyway, enjoy your flight and thanks for choosing Delta.
Thank God for character...it was one of the best laughs of the day.
Good trip overall...the little blue haired ladies (Queens of the Slot machine) really do exist--rabbit's feet, lucky teddy bears and mountain high ash trays.
Tacky.
Plain and simple.
Fifteen nickels later, my pockets are empty and I'm ready to get back home. My neighbor on the flight back had a snooze problem and kept the entire plane awake with his snoring outbursts. This morning I've had less than 2 hours of sleep and that's pushing it.
I think I've left for good and the next trip won't have any bright lights to sing about.
Take your money and run.
No comments:
Post a Comment