January 5, 2005

Jalapeno Jelly

Every afternoon I go home and swim in a big bowl of green apples.


I'm an official "homeowner"...I really feel like an adult, finally. With the house comes added financial responsibilities, routine maintenance and upkeep, and endless amounts of paint colors to choose from. I moved in to 1992 and slowly the house seems to be conforming to my suggestions. I think we have a good relationship, things seem to be on the right track. I haven't heard any complaints from the cabinets about the wall color, and I haven't started on the living room yet but the window treatments have been pretty friendly throughout the entire moving experience so I know they won't have any problem with what I've got in mind for their room.

I found a vintage print of a French wine that has a little green devil dancing on the front...would it be okay to hang him in the kitchen if Yeshua is hanging in the living room? I found him on Ebay, a very old Catholic print of the Sacred Heart. I just don't want to cause any conflict. Yeshua's picture is bigger, so he wins.

I haven't accepted the weather yet, my mind is still somewhere in Montana. I pretend I have nosebleeds and frostbite just to remind myself that its winter. I hate the humid South.

Next month the weary traveler will head to San Antonio...and I just finished complaining about how warm it is here. I guess I'm in for it.
Texas in February will be a first.

I think my favorite part in Pee-Wee's Big Adventure is when he passes out, or gets knocked out and all the Texans standing around are trying to revive him...they ask, "Do you remember anything at all kid?"...Pee Wee's response..." I remember the Alamo." Yeeewhoooo!

I know you are, but what am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment