Sometimes I wonder when the music we loved in high school will become "oldies" and our children or friend's children in my case will look at us with disgust as we sing along to "Round Here" on the ride home or break in to "1979" in line at the Hot Spot.
During my rounds I've noticed that Piggly Wiggly plays some great music, and a lot of it comes from the mid-90's...it takes me back to water breaks and summers that couldn't get any hotter, drenched with sweat and staying still for more than five minutes with your arms up holding a wet metal piccolo, but then a breeze would waft by and blow up your t-shirt sleeves, don't move...she's still watching. I think she's pissed today, the freshman have pissed her off. PARADE REST. Thank God.
I wish I could give a happy report for the New Year, it seems I'm always looking back. Is this a bad thing? Could be.
I don't think it is, people enjoy stories, and my stories are about the past.
I get a lot of requests for the Pothole tales from the Devil's Lair.
Martin Luther King Jr. Day--January 17...my next day off.
No comments:
Post a Comment