In today's news from the backcountry--
I finish up my downtown Greenville route just before lunch, by this time I've said the same spill about Palmetto Cash 5 about 50 times. I have a little "lottery monologue"--this stops at the North Main Bi-Lo and I finally make it to the interstate.
No calls so far, but the day's not over yet. I hold my breath for the ride home.
Enoree, 2:35 p.m.-- Johnny McGilliguty and T-Roy Mack wheel in to the Li'l Cricket for 2 packs of Jacks 100's and maybe, if they're in the mood, some Natural Light. Little do they know, months of neglecting the work truck's regular maintenance has resulted in failed brakes. Johnny pulls in to the closest park in front of the Li'l Cricket...no brakes...the truck lands inside the store and so begins our story.
2:45 p.m.-- The phone rings and its Li'l Cricket in desperate need of another lottery ticket dispenser. Johnny ran right over the damn thing.
This is the 2nd time we've had some pig folks run into the side of a damn building.
To my own amazement, the lottery terminal was untouched--in perfect working condition after landing underneath the pile of cigarettes and penny rolls.
Okay--does this merit a visit from Channel 7?
Good news--the DSL did make it to the country and its here and I have no excuses anymore.
The e-mails are ALIVE and well...and on their way.
Spectacular.
No comments:
Post a Comment