January 24, 2005

Palmetto State

My senior scriptwriting class was one of the most difficult courses in my college career. I hated the professor, she was fat, rude and cruel. She existed only to destroy the hope and dreams of any other human being she came in contact with. I dreaded this course only because of her. She tried desperately to find ways to fail everyone that came through her classroom door. I just let go, I decided to not try so hard. Stop thinking about it.
I wrote my first screenplay about a close friend. She never knew about it, but it got me the only A I ever cared about in my entire life. I destroyed all my copies after the semester and went on my merry way...but years later I find myself watching another newcomer's film...a first timer, so to speak. I deeply regret erasing this piece of myself just because I was afraid. The film made me miss writing for the first time.

Every character in the film had a name for someone back here in the Black Hole.
Thumbs up to Zach Braff.

The weekend mowed over slowly and left us without a flake or a flurry.
Here we are again, Monday. The depression sets in.
"Get back to work, you skag!" Shouts the orphan jabberwocky from beneath the desk.
I hear him scrambling around the surge protector wires and cables as he finds a comfortable squat.
"The next time my foot flies on its own, there are penalites when a jabberwocky lies." I respond.
Silence. He must have hidden behind the divider or found solace underneath the trashcan. It's not the last of him, after his morning nap he'll have another smart ass comment.

Off to workerland--tata.

You're so vain, you probably think this blog is about you.

It wasn't until I woke up
That I could hold down a joke, or a job, or a dream.


No comments:

Post a Comment