March 10, 2005

Greasers

Heith keeps wearing this West Nile Innovator hat that is so oily and dirty, each time he puts it on he gets the "greaser" look. And there you have it, Ponyboy.

What to expect the day after you've turned 24--this is another one of those random year birthdays until you hit something like 25 or 30, a milestone that would count.
You enjoy your day, reading various cards and eating a little cookie cake with a soda or two (since I'm trying to cut back--I've allowed myself a little more since it was a special occasion--Cherry Coke)...then the coughing starts. You brush it off as just a little scratchy throat--but wake up the next morning with the hacking, deep throat cough that people had in high school and everyone would look up from taking thier tests to see who that was barking in the back of the classroom. Yes, I have the two-bit bark; the first part being the small scratchy cough which develops into the second part of a growling roar, like Kramer when he catches the dog cough. I'm getting older and I guess this is part of the aging process or either just the misfortune of catching Heith's Mongolian rot disease as I like to call it.

Heith was a little surprised to see one of my birthday gifts, which I call Johnny (Johnny Depp of course)--I've asked a lot of friends what their names are, so far I've picked up: Steve, Oscar, Chuckie, and Tony. Go figure.
Ebay has everything!
Tuesday night we sold Heith's longhorn heifer at the cattle sale...we got behind his Dad on the way and we pulled in behind him. I told Heith I didn't feel like we should drive a Mercedes back behind the holding pens where all the trucks and trailers were...he insisted and added, "We'll be like J.R. from Dallas." This was actually pretty fun. We saw three men standing at one end of the gate. They all had on those big flannel shirt jackets, with tobaggans. It made me think of Newhart and the guy named Larry with his brother Darrell and his other brother Darrell.

Now this is for Robin--since his miniature seven blog was so clever, I've included all of your favorite Outsiders...even the sweetheart. Hey, I'm sick...humor me.

I want to be your Easter bunny!

No comments:

Post a Comment