After I returned to God's country, I checked up to see how things turned out for the lottery as the week progressed. Seems our new mascot, Lizard Man, made an appearance later that week and I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to share this with you all.

Study this photo carefully. One of the first things I noticed was that Lizard Man is actually wearing clothing. He's normally seen in only his birthday suit (as seen on our $1 Lizard Man ticket and TV commercials) -- this makes me wonder if management got a little nervous when faced with allowing Lizard Man to wander the fairgrounds "in the nude"...so what do they do? They give him WHITE shorts and a Hawaiian shirt to wear to the OCTOBER state fair---what were they thinking? White after Labor Day, geez. I think even Lizard Man felt a little embarassed--he seems as if he's trying to cover himself with his left hand, or...well...nevermind.
On another note, Barney. Barney stayed leaned against the WLTX tent all day when I worked. Nobody paid any attention to him and he stood there, no complaints with a smug grin the entire day. Again, the lottery decides "Wouldn't it be cute to have Lizard Man pose with Barney?" "Yeah, yeah...let's dress him in white bermuda shorts and a Hawaiian shirt too!" "Ooooohhhweeee, he'll look so cute!"
So here they are, Barney & Lizard Man. I think the look on Barney's face says it all.
Trivia for all you gamecock fans--Lizard Man is played by none other than your infamous mascot "COCKY"!
COACH LAWSON! the agony!
ReplyDeletehaha
and i say to myself.."self.."
ReplyDeleteHAHAHA.