We end the shortest but longest month of the newly begun year today. I feel like I should blog, I don't have anything to say--WRITE--but here I am. I am waiting for the second blizzard of the season--MONTH--to begin tonight. More snow. Sleet. Rain. Ice. Cold. Do I sound unhappy? Maybe it's because I haven't seen the sun in over two months. Good things come to those who wait? Yeah...right. I've been waiting for Johnny Depp and James for a good twenty one years now and I STILL haven't seen them anywhere around here.
Las Vegas in a few weeks, at least that will get me away from the bleak, white skies and hard, frozen ground. Maybe I'll run into some celebs (ahem, James)....yeah right, I'm sure he'll be partying hard at the high stakes table at the RIVIERA.
Such is luck when you're me. So here's a little quote from a good one that explains what it's like to be stuck in the frozen ice age near Chicago...
Westley: Where am I?
The Albino: [raspy voice] The Pit of Despair! Don't even think...
[clears throat]
The Albino: ... don't even think about trying to escape. The chains are far too thick. Don't dream of being rescued, either; the only way in is secret. Only the Prince, the Count, and I know how to get in and out.
Westley: So I'm here till I die?
The Albino: Until they kill you, yeah.
Westley: Then why bother curing me?
The Albino: Well, the Prince and Count always insist on everyone being healthy before they're broken.
Westley: So it's to be torture?
The Albino: [nods enthusiastically]
Westley: I can cope with torture.
No comments:
Post a Comment