"I have a request for you, if you could please post this on your blog site I know it will be greatly appreciated by your fans....."The Baptist "Crusades"
by- Author Unknown
I was sitting through my three hour long Western Civ II class on Tuesday when my teacher brought up the subject of The Crusades in medieval Europe. As we talked about the Germans marching to the "Holy Lands" and "converting" the pagans that crossed their paths along the way, my brain began to wander off and I could not help but think about what had happened to me just a week or so ago.....picture as you will....I am in my dorm room studying for another test in History, when the topic of RELIGION is brought up in the conversation that was going on with a friend, an outsider, and me. I don't know how the whole thing started but I wish it never did...we rambled on about the Catholic faith, which I am most fond of and trying to become, the Southern Blabbtist, and the Islamic faith. After what seemed like an eternity of trying to explain astrophysics to a three year old, he decided to call his "daddy" and straighten me out. Well his father seemed to be just as harsh and cruel toward the Catholic religion as the bastard son. I saw that the conversation was headed nowhere and left as the og called out to me "you don't want to hear this..." holding his phone up, I looked him dead in the eyes and with a stern "NO" I left.
As I mentioned early, the crusades were a search for power and anyone willing to crusade for Christianity was given a spot on the right hand of God for their sacrifice. These "Crusaders" bring to mind the modern day evangelists that "speak the truth" and give out tickets to hell to those who do not join their cause....as you go to church on Sunday, or Mass on Saturday, or even when you bow and pray in the direction of Mecca or whatever you do, think of one thing. It is not the affiliation that makes you who you are, it is not the church that secures your place in heaven, IT IS YOU!! So make the best of what you are given, because good Christians don't go to church every Sunday or know every scripture in the bible and they sure as HELL don't judge another man....They are good hearted and helpful people, who live life as best as they know how......Comments encouraged and will be directed to the author--enjoy!
We need more people like this in the world.....people need to stop judging and start reading up on their history...thank you for sticking up for my faith.
ReplyDelete