February 1, 2007

It puts the lotion on its skin

Hours from now the groundhog will determine the length of my stay in Hell's freezer. I've succumb to laughing uncontrollably at random moments throughout the day--without reason...like the little box inside the Joker's jacket (the one that won't stop when he finally gets killed at the end of Batman---Michael Keaton, respectively). But this only happens if say, the furnace begins to make the "burning smell" and at the same time I find the couch has a wet hole on the armrest, while reaching my hand behind the toilet into the cubbyhole and trying to get the hairdryer to rest on the little wire that will hold it in place so that it will "blow" on the right pipes...all so I can take a shower. You're thinking, how can she see the couch while she's behind the toilet? Ah....you have so much to learn my little friend. Two words. Travel Trailer.
My dreams were obviously crushed when I found out February's weather isn't going to be any better than last months...Monday's high will be -3.
So begins the war.

1 comment:

  1. you should seriously consider writing a book about your journey, lauren. i think it's awesome that you're traveling around despite the weather and stuff. although, looking at the weather this morning up there makes me cringe.

    ReplyDelete