June 26, 2008

Remains of the Day

I was up around three a.m. driving Grant to the airport. During his short stay, our camper went through a lot of changes. I have a lot of cleaning up to do, we'll just put it that way. We did find time to enjoy lots of fresh shrimp, scallops, tuna and crab cakes from the Gay Fish Company, and a great meal at 11th Street Dockside over in Port Royal. Everyday we visited Hunting Island State Park where we spent most of the day lounging under the umbrella. Sounds like all classic beach trips.They did manage to kayak around the island for a couple of days, Dolly and I stayed on shore at our base camp. She visits the beach everyday and is slowly starting to tiptoe into the waves (on her own). We're dug in down here until after the fourth, which doesn't bother me at all. Life is literally a beach right now, so we're enjoying it as long as we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment