June 4, 2008

That smell

I think I should put up a temporarily closed sign on the front door of Backcountry...seems I've lost my ability better yet motivation to stay in the game. We packed up the RV and traveled cross country once more at the end of April. Before we left Colorado, we met up with Grant and his comrades in Estes Park for a short weekend to pick up Dolly. We visited Rocky Mountain National Park and found out in a pinch not to stay at FloAnn's Cottages.

I think we were on the road a total of three days, traveling through Coolidge, Kansas (home of Cousin Eddie & family) then down to the panhandle of Texas and across Oklahoma and Arkansas, up through Memphis (dodging Graceland once more to my dismay) and down through Chattanooga and made it to Atlanta during the wee hours as to avoid traffic. We parked the rig at our "home base" for one month and Monday we packed it all up again to drag it to Beaufort.

I think, no, I hope we will stay put here for at least one more month. I am hoping to catch up on some writing before I hit the beach...we'll see. Until then, the Backcountry is temporarily open.

No comments:

Post a Comment