August 29, 2008

A little late

I found this eerie and intriguing at the same time. My prom dress from 1998 looks a lot like my Aunt Jean's dress from her sweetheart dance at Lander and some of her prom dresses from high school. That's not my Aunt Jean, by the way, just another shot of another couple from 1958-59. I have some wacky fascination with the fifties..music, cars, dresses. Patsy Cline. I could go on. I think in some ways that I should be over sixty today. My taste for doowop doesn't usually go over well in Metallica fan circles . The nostalgic feeling I get from listening to that music makes me feel as if I'm in the Impala or Buick driving up to MaMa's house when it was brand new...dancing in the living room to Elvis...getting to spend more time with PaPa. Maybe that's why I find myself drifting off in time, I miss people and places that came before me. That's okay, I think my increasing knowledge of Lanford teen-age follies will keep me satisfied for a while. Still I can't shake the nagging feeling of knowing what life was like in the "good old days".

No comments:

Post a Comment