September 3, 2008

Support Organic Farmers!

Last weekend we picked up some fresh seafood here in Arizona. I know, I know, just like there's oceanfront property here right? The folks at Desert Sweet Shrimp have obviously done something right when it comes to farming shrimp in the middle of the desert. Check out their website to learn more and try a pound or two, you just might like it!
We were so accustomed to the salty taste of those fresh Beaufort shrimp that we were a little skeptical when we pulled into the farm's parking lot. We were miles away from any ocean and all I could see for miles around were olive trees and alfalfa fields. Still we decided to give it a whirl and we're glad we did! Desert shrimp are tasty, fresh, and free of all the rubbish that usually accompanies sea harvested shrimp. We were very pleased and wanted to pass this little secret along to any other shrimp connoisseurs...I'll guarantee that Bubba would approve too!

No comments:

Post a Comment