December 16, 2008

The day that finally came.

My ears are still ringing. It was a surreal experience, reality set in when I started typing this blog...that I, number one fan, witnessed my very first Metallica concert last night. From the moment they took the stage until the pick tossing afterwards, my heart stayed in my throat.
They were amazing and thanked us all for coming out despite the dreary weather in San Diego, (scoring more points with their appreciative nature).
Obviously California is a much cooler state than where I'm from, judging from the amount of cameras and phones in the venue. Being the good little scolded girl from previous concerts, I left my phone and camera in the truck...and then cried in the bathroom by myself when I realized I could have brought them in.
So I don't have any proof other than my actual ticket stub that I actually attended this event. But I did find a great photo from my fan club vault of last night's deeply religious musical performance.I have to thank the old man for bringing me all the way to California to see them. Our seats were amazing and reserved, since I'm too old for the mosh pit. I did spy Lars and Kirk behind the iron curtain several times during the preshow...which gave me secret pleasure knowing I was the only dork using backstage hawk-eye radar.
Two hours later we're back in Palm Springs, safe and sound...and the memory remains.

2 comments:

  1. I too enjoy metallica, believe it or not!! I'm so excited for you!! Can't wait to check out the pics on flickr or your whole retro experience in Cali!

    ReplyDelete
  2. rock on Charlotte, you've got GREAT taste in tunes! :O)

    ReplyDelete