The house is incredible, a creative blend of 1960's mod furnishings (complete with an original 1960 barclay lounger) and traditional Palm Springs flair. Contemporary vintage in every detail. I salivated the moment we pulled in the drive. Today there's a light rain falling, Dolly is napping on the shag rug in front of the fireplace, and I watch as the steam rises off the pool...anticipating the biggest Christmas gift I've ever received. Tonight we drive to San Diego (given the "Big One" decides not to strike SoCal) to witness the masters of metal themselves, my own guitar heroes...Metallica. Most of my audience is aware of my unhealthy obsession with James and the gang, so newcomers bare with me--this is my biggest event of the year.
I'll hopefully have more to report later in the week, we've already cashed in on the Joshua Tree National Park and will return for a hike to the Lost Horse Mine when the weather clears. I'm busy posting photos of our retro abode on flickr, check in if you like!
Hey girl! We honeymooned in San Diego! Loved it! Great place and we plan to return one of these days!!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your vacation!!
thanks! we love it too, this is our 2nd year in SoCal for the holidays, can't bare to leave it. Hope you guys get back out here soon!
ReplyDelete