January 24, 2009

Once bitten, twice shy.

I'm constantly amazed at the connections I find on facepoo. Just last week I stumbled across an old college flame, who I never forgot and never thought I'd see again. He will always stand out in my mind because he was always so honest with me.
I have faced the fact that I look like a mule with beaver teeth, I mean that's just the way it is, and I've accepted that. But I could always tell when boys would lie to me and tell me I was, "pretty"...maybe it was because they could never look me in the eye when they said it. This guy blew them all away, after our first date he proudly exclaimed that "I was no supermodel, and he wasn't used to dating ugly girls, but he kind of liked me."
What more could a girl ask for? I've always wanted to thank him for his honesty, and now I can.

The weekend drives on and January is almost behind us. My solo stint isn't as lonely as I thought it would be. I've enjoyed Rach's company in Newnan, and expect her today for some time on the coast. I am still not prepared for the seven hour drive to Virginia next week, but I miss the old man and I'll finally be able to bring him home.

No comments:

Post a Comment