January 28, 2009

Stranglehold

The trip to Richmond was uneventful, but safe which is always a blessing. The moment I stepped inside the old man's suite I was reminded of why I married him. He is Homer Prince reincarnated.

Countertops, beds, desks, and bath were all immaculate and squeaky clean. Everything in its place and everything in order. And it smelled...nice!
Not your usual bachelor pad, but that's why this old man is special. I don't know why filth annoys me, maybe it's because neither of us were raised in filth and have never grown to love it. One of my favorite shows was "How Clean is Your House?" I loved watching those Brit chicks remind people that is still considered gross to be dirty. Right?
Moldy dishes, funk on the floor, funk on the counters, and the odors...takes me back to some old "Cop" re-runs when the guys couldn't go in the trailer without a gas mask.

Take time to be thankful for what you have, and I have a clean man and a clean dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment