The old man and myself packed the RV and drove from Tonopah, AZ to St. Helena Island, SC for three days after Christmas. Our 2200 mile trip was uneventful, which is always a blessing (unless we count the underbelly mishap) and now that our fourth and sixteenth winds have come and gone, we're crashing...hard.Heith deserves a tremendous amount of praise and kudos for his truckin' son of Mitch's maneuvering skills. I always fail to mention that my footprints cover most of my side of the dash, obviously proof that I'm constantly searching for the Coach Godfrey brakes (that don't exist unfortunately). He always pulls through though; thanks Heith for being such a damn good trucker.
2008 packed some punches, I hope I can remember most of it all through my earlier posts one day as I sit in the nursing home watching the birds. We spent the '08 New Year at our first visit to the Grand Canyon, on our drive from California to Colorado. That spring we celebrated Beth's marriage and tried to forget that I am three years closer to 30. We made our second cross country trip of the year in May and lasted a solid month in Lanford before most of our hair fell out and we moved to St. Helena. Most of our summer was spent on the sand and with those familiar heavy hearts we packed it all up again and tried our hand at desert living. We trucked back across the nation for Phoenix and lasted six months before a departure celebration in Palm Springs and San Diego and arrived safely in St. Helena once again. We enjoyed family Thanksgiving visits in Arizona, and said goodbye to Aunt Polly and Lucy as the year came to a close. Our old friends in Georgia graciously invited us to celebrate the New Year with them and we were more than happy to join them.
We've logged a lot of miles this year...most of them spent driving from the desert to the grocery store but I digress. I think I'm most thankful for such safe travels and great friends and family...they always make the trips worthwhile.
Happy New Year to the blogger community!
No comments:
Post a Comment