In my mind, February is far from over. I think I'm just trying to avoid the first few weeks of March. I'm turning twenty-eight. I don't know why I have such a block on my late twenties. My teen years are more on my mind now than things that happened just a week ago. It's another rite of passage, approaching thirty...it's called "you're supposed to be a real grown-up now so start acting like you know how to do all of those grown-up things and talk like a grown-up in grown-up language."
That's fine and good and great, and I think I can do that. I mean, I think I can handle that.
It's just so much more fun to stay seventeen mentally, well spiritually I guess is the correct term.
MaMa is now the elder of her church, the oldest living member. She's asked almost daily how she has stayed so healthy and full of life being in her late eighties. She always tells people she loves to laugh, she laughs at herself, she laughs at us, she laughs at everything...and she still feels like a teenager inside. Truthfully, she still acts like a teenager.
I seem to refer to MaMa a lot in my blogs, maybe it's because I'm hoping to have as much good fortune as she's had and has in her life.
To most people who really know me, I'm still "teeny" at times but when it's time to "bare down" or "man up" (these are all boilermaker old man terms) I know I'll eventually be able to break on through to the other side.
No comments:
Post a Comment