May 24, 2009

Soggy Bottom

It's rained non-stop on the island for the last two weeks. Thankfully I chose to skip town and visit Richmond where they've heard of sunny skies. I just hope the mobile unit is afloat when I return. Last month, the old man came home for a total of four whole days--I endured. Thanks to the Barnes, I maintained sanity and visited Georgia for Stefan's birthday and the chalet during Ilsa's first interstate trip to the upstate.
This month, the old man was able to snag a couple more days at home than he did last month. I think I counted six days this time. While Rach was here, the weather started to turn sour on our last day. Determined to enjoy a morning on the beach, we successfully created a complete Robinson Crusoe shanty that would make even the swarthiest scallywag proud.

Hopefully I'll be home after the eternal black cloud passes over the island. Donk and myself look forward to seeing the sun again--and a day of lounge chairs and fuzzy navels minus the construction of one pretty slick tiki-hut.

No comments:

Post a Comment