August 1, 2009

Max Phone Home

Beth celebrated a birthday on Wednesday...but the celebration didn't last long. Max decided to take a spontaneous trip to nowhere special, leaving the entire family in emotional shambles.
I pray, that as I type this blog, Max has found his way home again. This isn't the first time he's rambled off. I really believe that border collies (TRUE full-blooded border collies--notice my intense prejudice against mutts) are not just dogs, but human. Being such an intelligent breed, along with their magical background from the hills of Scotland--the combination makes a superior animal, with the advanced ability to communicate with their humans on a level that surpasses all other dogs. Forgive my prejudices.
According to recent research, the border collie can tell when something is not fair. Dolly, who acts like a little person, can certainly tell when something isn't fair or going "her" way. Maybe Max was jealous or desperately wanted to get everyone's attention. Either way, he knew what he was doing, I just hope he uses his "smarts" to remember his Mom loves him very much and wants him home.

UPDATE: Max was found several blocks away (across the road) at a yard sale, where he was playing ball with several little boys. I'm happy to report that after a few paddles and some hugs, Max is now home safe!

UPDATE UPDATE: Max is at it again...he is currently on the prowl in the Farley / Academy area. If anyone has any information as to his current whereabouts, please contact us asap!

5 comments:

  1. Max is the ultimate shopper, he was only trying to find the perfect gift for mom on her birthday. The kid in him just got caught up in the game with the boys! SuperMax will always keep you thinking of him. Glad he's home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:30 PM

    He's back home!!!! I just picked him up from the POUND, yes you heard me correctly. According to the animal control officer, they were two streets over from our house yesterday morning to pick up some other dog(s) & Max jumped into the truck with them! They weren't even trying to catch him! They simply dropped the tailgate & in he went. Luckily, Tim (my neighbor) saw the offficer guy this morning & he told him about Max. It's a good thing because someone had already called from NC wanting him (they put the dogs on www.petfinder.com when brought in). Max has now earned the right to be tied outside! Thanks for your help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geeeeeez! It's official, he's a pound puppy for sure. I'm very disappointed, I'm thinking no prom and grounded for at least a month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness, why won't this dog stay home? He's like a bad teenager.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My border collie has run off several times, and on each occassion, the person who found him was sad to give him back. He is a complete whore that way, but we love him unconditionally.

    ReplyDelete