
My dog is weird. A real weird-o. I'm not exaggerating, most everyone who knows her personally would agree. Most nights she pretends to be "dog like" and lies in the corner, snuggling and dreaming of cats and rabbits.
Then the occasional night before the cycle of the full moon, or in our case tonight; the waxing crescent (30% of full), she decides to get weird with it.
I don't know, maybe she's pretending to be a werewolf or just trying to creep me out.
Tonight while pacing in front of the clock, she stopped, stood still and cocked her head from left to right--as if she was listening to someone standing above her. Mind you I'm in the den reading in a chair, but I can see her from the corner of my eye. She shrugs off the invisible stranger and proceeds to the den where she lays in front of the fireplace. She NEVER lays in front of the fireplace. She then continues to twitch and blink, watching some unseen creature somewhere in the kitchen. She looks the creature up and down, then turns back to lick her paws and clean her face. I watch her for at least half an hour. She pauses while cleaning herself to listen...just for a moment, to make sure she didn't miss anything. More licking. Then the ears perk up and she sits at guard, watching the door...her eyes moving to the kitchen, and then to the...ottoman?
I still haven't figured her out. After about ten more minutes of watching some troll dance across the living room, she retreated to her corner behind the couch, curled up and fell asleep. She's plain weird. And I don't know about cows, but I'd say border collies do it til SOMETHING comes home.
ahhh. Maggie did this to me last night! We were watching a movie on the couch in our usual positions. Maggie me and basil (fyi, we have a couch cover!) then Maggie gets up, kindof alarmed looking, and goes to the front door. So I let them out in case she needed to potty. Then she wont return to her spot. She keeps looking at the empty space on the couch to my right and looks mortified. So then she finally climbs up on TOP of basil...never to return to her usual spot. WEIRDOS!!!!
ReplyDelete