September 1, 2009

Mugshot of the Day

It's rare that I get the chance to blog about former rivals, enemies and schmucks. I can't describe the exhilaration I felt when I scrolled to find one of my biggest childhood enemies behind bars.
Once upon a time, in a land hot and humid filled with the scent of sulfur, there was a young mutant who we all knew as "Sloth". Now, if you're a Goonies fan, then you'll know who I'm referring to.
This guy looked just like the basement brother chained to the wall...and he chose me as his arch enemy. I'm assuming it's because I decided to date his best friend.
Sloth decided to take charge of the situation. He was determined to make me suffer, and so began the war. Walking to my car after school I noticed several large roofing nails under my tires--my boyfriend, being so kind and careful, told me he witnessed Sloth placing the nails under the tires. (Thanks Keith!)
Once I started my senior year, I drove a new car--big mistake. Sloth had his chance to make a statement, and he made it on the passenger side door of my 1998 Camaro.
Several police statements later, we found that there was no way to pin the crime on Sloth because our country high school chose NOT to place security cameras in our parking lot. Imagine that.
Did I mention that Sloth's driving record isn't exactly perfect? This isn't his first DUI--but money talks (obviously). I guess it's easy to compare to the long trips on the interstate where you're passed by some crazed drunk driver with Kentucky plates, wishing that the state troopers would do their job when five miles down the road you find them pulled over and handcuffed. It's a sweet feeling. That's how I feel seeing this face behind bars...sweet. Karma is almost always a bitch.

3 comments:

  1. Do you think it's the eyes or the breathalyzer that gave it away?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahaha... laughing at dapo's comment! DANG... I wondered who had done that to your car!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SWEET REVENGE!!!!! Don't we love Karma?!?! :O)

    ReplyDelete