I won't rehash my love for Johnny, as I'm sure most of the audience has come to terms with my Depp insanity. He's ripening well as he ages. Life is a Utopian existence in a world where Burton, Depp, and fairy tales weave themselves together with dark, magical thread.
October 21, 2009
Closet Geek
I've had a love affair with Tim Burton beginning shortly after my first Pee Wee adventure. From that point on I was hopelessly hooked on all of his projects. Faerie Tale Theatre, Beetlejuice, Batman, Edward Scissorhands, Sleepy Hollow, Big Fish...do I need to go on? And now,as if all of my dreams have suddenly come true--Mr. Burton has taken on the incredible task of recreating the enchanting world of Alice in Wonderland. My favorite director and my favorite childhood fairy tale, together at last. As if this isn't enough to throw me through the roof with enthusiasm, the cast includes a hot mess of my favorite Brits...Alan Rickman, Helena Bonham Carter, Michael Sheen, Christopher Lee (as the Jabberwock! Somebody stop me!!) and best of all--Crispin Glover!! I'm seething with excitement for the release, which coincides with my birthday next year!
I won't rehash my love for Johnny, as I'm sure most of the audience has come to terms with my Depp insanity. He's ripening well as he ages. Life is a Utopian existence in a world where Burton, Depp, and fairy tales weave themselves together with dark, magical thread.
I won't rehash my love for Johnny, as I'm sure most of the audience has come to terms with my Depp insanity. He's ripening well as he ages. Life is a Utopian existence in a world where Burton, Depp, and fairy tales weave themselves together with dark, magical thread.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Tim Burton is a GENIUS! I'm looking forward to Alice in Wonderland also; the previews look so good!
ReplyDeleteTruly the master of all things dark & artsy!
ReplyDelete